Mrs. Lori McQuillen received a Bachelor of Science from Texas A&M and a Master of Arts from San Diego State University and has more than five years of experience teaching sixth through eighth grade. Mrs. McQuillen, her husband and two children are active members of White’s Chapel United Methodist Church. She enjoys reading, gardening and spending time with family and friends.
7th Grade Scope & Sequence:
- Language Arts: Compound/Complex Sentences, Independent/Dependent Clauses, Perfect & Progressive Tenses, Sentence Fluency, Multi-paragraph Essays, Personal Narrative, Expository Texts, Media Literacy, First & Third Person Point of View and Poetry & Drama
- Math: The Number System, Numbers & Operations, Expressions, Equations & Relationships, Measurement, Geometry, Proportionality and Data & Probability
- Science: Nature of Science, Motion, Forces & Newton’s Laws, Work & Energy, Thermal Energy, Electricity, Magnetism, Energy Sources & the Environment, States of Matter, Atoms & The Periodic Table, Elements & Properties, Chemical Bonds, Chemical Reactions, Radioactivity & Nuclear Reactions, Hands On Experiments and STEM Skills
- Social Studies: Regions of Texas, Early Explorers of Texas, Spanish Colonial Texas, Mexican National Era, The Alamo & Goliad, Texas Independence, Republic of Texas, The Lone Star State, The Civil War in Texas, Conflict on the Frontier, Cattle & Cotton, Oil, World Wars & Depression and Modern Texas
- Bible: Prayers, Daily Devotional, Bible Study, Weekly Memory Verses and Weekly Chapel
- Enrichment Classes: Computer, Music, Art, PE and Spanish
A Sampling of Special 7th Grade Activities:
- Blue/Green Anti-discrimination Project
- Life Size Alamo Art
- Field Trip to George W. Bush Presidential Library
- Field Trip to Austin, Texas
- Escape Room Transformation
Disclaimer: Current teachers listed are 2017/2018 school year.