Mrs. Aletha Sheck holds a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from the University of Akron. She has over fifteen years of educational experience that includes teaching preschool and third to sixth grades as well as serving as a preschool director. She is an active member at Crown of Life Lutheran Church. Mrs. Sheck and her husband have three children and when not in the classroom she enjoys graphic design, watching movies, reading, playing games and spending time with friends and family.
4th Grade Scope & Sequence:
- Language Arts: Reading Fluency, Reading Genres, Point of View, Dictionary & Thesaurus Skills, Capitalization Rules, Contractions, Prefixes & Suffixes, Pronouns, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositional Phrases, Conjunctions, Personal Narratives, Writing Reports and Persuasive Paragraphs
- Math: Place Value, Addition & Subtraction Fluency, Decimals, Double-Digit Multiplication, Long Division and Factors & Multiples
- Science: Technology & Design, Energy & Heat, Ecosystems, Earth’s Resources, Hands On Experiments and STEM Skills
- Social Studies: Texas Geography, Texas History, Texas Government & Citizenship and Texas’ Economy
- Bible: Prayers, Daily Devotional, Bible Study, Weekly Memory Verses and Weekly Chapel
- Enrichment Classes: Computer, Music, Art, PE, Spanish
A Sampling of Special 4th Grade Activities:
- Outdoor Education Field Trip
- STEM Fridays
- Genius Hour
- Spelling Bee
Disclaimer: Current teachers listed are 2017/2018 school year.