Mrs. Amanda Wilson earned a Bachelor of Arts from Trinity University, a Master of Arts in Education from Liberty University and a Master of Liberal Arts from Texas Christian University. She has more than five years of teaching experience but before becoming a teacher, she served as a captain in the United States Air Force. Mrs. Wilson, her husband and three children are active members of St. Peter Lutheran Church where she volunteers in the nursery and teaches Sunday school. She enjoys gardening, reading and camping.
6th Grade Scope & Sequence:
- Language Arts: Direct & Indirect Objects, Commas, Plot Development, Characterization, Setting, Conflict, Point of View, Theme, Structure & Elements of Drama, Mood and Identifying & Avoiding Plagiarism
- Math: Expressions & Equations, Number Systems, Ratios & Proportional Relationships, Geometric Concepts and Statistics & Probability
- Science: Changes in the Earth’s Surface, Rocks, Water Cycle & Properties, Weather Patterns, Sun, Moon, Stars & Planets, Hands On Experiments and STEM Skills
- Social Studies: The Geographer’s World, Physical Geography, Asia, China, Russia, Europe, Africa, America, Australia and Flags of the World
- Bible: Prayers, Daily Devotional, Bible Study, Weekly Memory Verses and Weekly Chapel
- Enrichment Classes: Computer, Music, Art, PE and Spanish
A Sampling of Special 6th Grade Activities:
- Medieval Europe Project
- Field Trip to the Colleyville Library
- Water Experiment Field Trip
- Geography Bee
- Cardboard Boat Races
Disclaimer: Current teachers listed are 2017/2018 school year.