Teacher - Lori McQuillen
Mrs. Lori McQuillen has been with Crown of Life Lutheran School for two years. She has four years of experience teaching sixth to eighth grade as the Language Arts lead teacher. Mrs. McQuillen has her Texas Secondary Teaching Certificate. She received her Bachelor of Science Degree in 1988 and Master of Arts in 1995. Mrs. McQuillen is an active member at Whites Chapel United Methodist Church and also attends Crown of Life Lutheran Church.
Mrs. McQuillen and her husband of over twenty-five years have two children, Macy and Jack, a dog and three cats. While not teaching she enjoys reading, gardening, and time with family and friends.
- Spelling: skills taught and assessed singly as well as within their context of reading and writing
- Writing: structured writing as well as response to reading
- Reading: lots of free choice
- Grammar: taught within the context of reading and writing
- Escape Room Transformation
- Research paper – camping set up for rough draft writing
- Research paper- Grammar Café: The classroom is turned into a ‘café’ where the teachers are the wait staff. “Courses” are different editing activities for research papers, ending with a “dessert” editing M&Ms for periods, Twizzler’s as commas
- Blue/Green color activity to help students better understand discrimination. This is an end of unit activity for a class novel dealing with color, segregation and differences.
- 4-8 grades compete in area Spelling bee
- Trip to Half Price Books (once in the fall and spring)
- Trip to the Colleyville Library
- Special Person’s Day
- Book Fair
- Field Day