Ms. Devan McKinley earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Texas at Tyler and has over five years of experience teaching fifth through eighth grade. She is an active member at Gateway Church and enjoys coffee and outdoor activities.
8th Grade Scope & Sequence:
- Language Arts: Eight Parts of Speech, Literary Elements, Personal Narrative, History & Culture, Persuasive Essay, Style, Voice & Tone, Facts & Textual Evidence, Theme & Symbol, Setting & Mood, Write & Present and Research Project
- Math: Algebra I; Foundations of Algebra, Equations & Expressions, Functions & Relations, Probability & Data Analysis and Polynomials
- Science: Cells, Molecules, Organisms, Systems, Genetics, Taxonomy, Ecosystems, Hands On Experiments and STEM Skills
- Social Studies: The First Americans, Exploring the Americas, Colonial America, Spirit of Independence, The American Revolution, Branches of Government & The Constitution, The Federalist Era, The Jefferson Era, Manifest Destiny, North & South, Spirit of Reform, The Civil War & Reconstruction
- Bible: Prayers, Daily Devotional, Bible Study, Weekly Memory Verses and Weekly Chapel
- Enrichment Classes: Computer, Music, Art, PE and Spanish
A Sampling of Special 8th Grade Activities:
- Lock In
- Trip to Washington D.C.
- Model United Nations
- E.R. (Pig Dissection Lab)
- Covered Wagon Project
Disclaimer: Current teachers listed are 2017/2018 school year.