It is the mission and belief of the Physical Education Department and Crown of Life Lutheran School to provide every student with the knowledge and skills to live a healthy and physical lifestyle while actively glorifying the Lord.
We will promote a healthy lifestyle and mind. Students will have the opportunity to become a competent and confident person. Students will be exposed to positive energy and will learn social skills to enhance their quality of life. They will have a positive and challenging environment.
Students will attend PE once a week in Preschool and twice a week in Lower School and Upper School. They will be involved in independent and cooperative situations as well as exhibiting good sportsmanship and learning to win and lose with dignity and class.
My name is Amy Boyd and I am the PE teacher at Crown of Life! I feel at home here because I previously taught the Pre-K 2’s class for 5years. I graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in Elementary Education in 1992 and taught 5th grade in HEB for 7 years before starting a family. My Husband Derek and I have been married for 20 years and we have two wonderful sons, Connor (16) and Camden (12). As a family, we enjoy traveling, biking, and playing with our dog, Clayton. Our faith in Jesus Christ is central to our lives. In addition, we have been members at North Richland Hills Baptist Church for 19 years.
I am very blessed to teach the PE classes here at COL for many reasons! I would love to have your child as a student in my class because I want to…
- Show the love of Jesus to your child
- Teach them that they are wonderfully created to do great and mighty things!
- Train your child to positively and respectfully interact with others reinforcing our character word of the week
- Encourage your child to be physically active and find lifelong ways to do so
- Learn sportsmanship, teamwork and cooperation
- All students will work on throwing, catching, kicking, running and having fun trying new skills
- We will review muscles and bones and incorporate music throughout the year
- We will learn how to be good caretakers of our God created bodies
I would love to welcome you and your child to Crown of Life and consider it a privilege to teach your child in PE this year! If I can be of any further help to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Disclaimer: Current teachers listed are 2017/2018 school year.