Teacher - Amy Hamilton
Ms. Amy Hamilton holds a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies from Concordia University, Irvine and a Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Teacher Leadership from Concordia University, Portland. She has over five years of experience teaching first, second, and third grades. Ms. Hamilton is an active member at Crown of Life Lutheran Church and enjoys traveling, movies, hiking and camping.
2nd Grade Scope & Sequence:
- Language Arts: Phonics, Grammar, Paragraph Structure, Expressive Writing, Guided Reading, Comprehension, Accuracy, Fluency, Vocabulary, Spelling and Cursive Handwriting
- Math: Place Value, Adding, Subtracting, Word Problems, Time, Money, Graphs and Fractions
- Science: Solids & Liquids, Measurement, Air & Weather, Plants, Hands On Experiments and STEM Skills
- Social Studies: Good Citizenship, Time & Chronology, Maps, Goods & Services, Holidays and Family Traditions
- Bible: Stories, Prayers, Songs, Books of the Bible, Weekly Memory Verses and Weekly Chapel
- Enrichment Classes: Computer, Music, Art, PE and Spanish
A Sampling of Special 2nd Grade Activities:
- Historical Figure Project-Based Learning Activity
- Art Show
- Thanksgiving Feast
- Special Person’s Day
- Guided Math Games & Manipulatives
Disclaimer: Current teachers listed are 2017/2018 school year.