The mission and goal for the Spanish Department and Crown of Life Lutheran School is to create an atmosphere where students can feel confident to have conversations in Spanish inside and outside of the classroom.
For Preschool, we will sing and read to learn colors, numbers 1-10, A,B,C’s, shapes, and vocabulary such as “family,” “days of the week,” “months of the year,” and even “animals.”
Lower School will review much the same vocabulary as Preschool and will also learn transitional words and phrases to connect the dots conversationally.
Upper School will focus on many different verb conjugations and memorizing a wealth of relative vocabulary so they can create their own conversations.
I teach Spanish to 2-year-old children through 8th grade and music to Kindergarten through 8th grade. I love being a teacher here at Crown of Life Lutheran School. What a joy to teach both Spanish and music!
I feel blessed to have a wonderful husband, Philip. He and I lead worship at our church on Tuesday nights and do special worship events around the country during the summer. I have always loved traveling both national and internationally, experiencing other cultures and languages, trying new foods, and seeing art from around the world. I have traveled to London, England, Germany, Perú, and Nicaragua.
I studied Spanish and French at the University of Georgia at Athens. Focusing mainly on linguistics, I was able to learn the basics of several other languages including Arabic. Though I graduated in 2009 with my Bachelor’s in Romance Languages, I also have an Associate’s Degree in Foreign Language from Georgia Perimeter College. While I studied hard, earning the honors of Magna Cum Laude, I was also able to learn to play guitar, piano, and study art in my own free time. About a month after graduation I worked for a medical translation company. Although I had a superb experience, 6 months later I realized my true calling was in the classroom. I immediately began teaching at Primrose School. When I moved to Texas in 2010, I decided to work closely with Grapevine Colleyville ISD, becoming the President of Diversity Advisory Council, and then subbing part-time after I married my husband Philip. Since 2009, I have taught children from birth all the way to middle school, which I believe the Lord prepared and equipped me for the best job I have ever had. Thank you Crown of Life for having me! It is a privilege and an honor!
I would love to have your child as a student in my class because…
- We will combine scripture, songs, games, and art to create an atmosphere of joyous learning and to have your child gain confidence so they can have a flawless conversation in Spanish.
- For Preschool we will sing and read to learn colors, numbers 1-10, A,B,C’s, shapes, and vocabulary such as “family,” “days of the week,” “months of the year,” and even “animals.”
- Lower School will review much the same vocabulary as Preschool while also learning transitional words and phrases to connect the dots conversationally.
- Upper School will focus on many different verb conjugations and memorizing a wealth of relative vocabulary, so they can create their own conversations.
- We will learn many different elements of music as well as handle and learn about several types of instruments!
I would love to have your child in my class next year. Please feel free to contact me anytime!
Disclaimer: Current teachers listed are 2016/2017 school year.