Mrs. Sheri Phillips earned a Bachelor of Science from the University of Central Oklahoma and has over fifteen years of experience teaching preschool to sixth grade. She is an active member at Peace Lutheran Church in Hurst. Mrs. Phillips and her husband have three daughters and she enjoys spending time with her family, reading and teaching gymnastics.
3rd Grade Scope & Sequence:
- Language Arts: Critical Reading, Genres, Inferences, Cause & Effect, Types of Paragraphs, Roots, Synonyms, Antonyms, Poetry, Verbs, Nouns, Adjectives and Punctuation
- Math: Complex Addition & Subtraction, Multiplication Facts, Division Facts, Area, Perimeter, Place Value, Rounding and Fractions
- Science: Sun, Moon, Stars & Planets, Water Cycles & Weather, Magnetism & Electricity, Structures of Life, Hands On Experiments and STEM Skills
- Social Studies: Communities in the World, Maps, and Regions of Texas
- Bible: Prayers, Daily Devotional, Bible Study, Weekly Memory Verses and Weekly Chapel
- Enrichment Classes: Computer, Music, Art, PE, Spanish
A Sampling of Special 3rd Grade Activities:
- Book Character Parade
- Christmas Musical
- Pen Pals Around the World
- Learning Stations
- Daily Journals
Disclaimer: Current teachers listed are 2017/2018 school year.