Monday through Friday 8:15 am - 3:30 pm
Teacher - Joey Stehno
Mr. Joey Stehno received a Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics from the University of Florida and has five years of experience teaching middle school through high school. Mr. Stehno, his wife and daughter are active members of Christ the King Catholic Church. He enjoys basketball, photography and spending time with family and friends.
8th Grade Scope & Sequence:
- Language Arts: Eight Parts of Speech, Literary Elements, Personal Narrative, History & Culture, Persuasive Essay, Style, Voice & Tone, Facts & Textual Evidence, Theme & Symbol, Setting & Mood, Write & Present and Research Project
- Math: Algebra I; Foundations of Algebra, Equations & Expressions, Functions & Relations, Probability & Data Analysis and Polynomials
- Science: Cells, Molecules, Organisms, Systems, Genetics, Taxonomy, Ecosystems, Hands On Experiments and STEM Skills
- Social Studies: The First Americans, Exploring the Americas, Colonial America, Spirit of Independence, The American Revolution, Branches of Government & The Constitution, The Federalist Era, The Jefferson Era, Manifest Destiny, North & South, Spirit of Reform, The Civil War & Reconstruction
- Bible: Prayers, Daily Devotional, Bible Study, Weekly Memory Verses and Weekly Chapel
- Enrichment Classes: Computer, Music, Art, PE and Spanish
A Sampling of Special 8th Grade Activities:
- Lock In
- Trip to Washington D.C.
- Model United Nations
- E.R. (Pig Dissection Lab)
- Covered Wagon Project